3 uses of a janitorial cleaning cart
The cleaning industry has produced some of the most innovative technology, gadgets, and accessories to improve the way we clean and maintain buildings. Most of these advancements are engineered to be more ergonomic for cleaning staff, reducing fatigue and minimizing injury while delivering better results.
With the creation of modern cleaning equipment, there is one classic item that continues to be a necessity on a janitor’s list – the cleaning cart. You’ve likely seen one being used in hotels, malls, gymnasiums, or other large facilities. While the use of janitorial carts is nothing new, we want to highlight some of the ways that industries use cleaning carts to their advantage.
1. Janitorial carts are used for organization
One of the main use of a janitor trolley is to keep items organized and ready to use. Some large facilities use separate carts to organize by area – for example, a cart dedicated for bathroom cleaning and another for offices. This helps reduce cross-contamination and allows cleaning staff to split up work efficiently.
Modern janitorial carts include shelves, hooks, compartments, a garbage container, and additional accessories for better organization. Staff can move throughout the facility with everything they need on hand without having to run back to the stock room. Each cart is equipped with the proper supplies for each area of the building so that no matter who is on the shift, they can seamlessly transition from one person to the next.
2. Cleaning carts are used to stock items
The hotel industry is a great example of facilities that utilize janitorial carts to hold items that need to be restocked in rooms, such as towels, shampoo, and soap. More commonly known as housekeeping carts, other industries that use them for this purpose are the medical industry, manufacturing industry, some pharmaceutical businesses, clinics, restaurants, and retail establishments.
3. The use of janitorial carts for added security
Cleaning carts that have locking cabinets and doors are added safety measures for cleaners who need to leave their carts in public spaces. Unfortunately, there are those who will steal products and expensive equipment from a cart if given the chance. Lockable carts keep goods safe and secure.
- Unlocking the Power of Restoration Cleaning Chemicals for Your Commercial Cleaning Needs
- Effective Techniques to Prevent Mosquitoes this Summer
- A Guide to Keeping Your Business Clean and Festive for Canada Day
- Window Cleaning Supplies to Keep Your Business Bright
- World Environment Day: Tips for Business Clean
- Effective & Safe Restoration Cleaning Supplies For Industrial
- Tucker Window Cleaning: Choose the Right Products to Clean Windows
- Earth Day: Importance of a Green Office With Effective Janitorial Supplies
- Why We Choose Hospeco for Restroom Care Products
- Why Clean Spot Uses Fresh Products for Aromatic
- Towel Dispensers and Why Clean Spot Chooses Frost Products
- The Importance of Hand Dryers and Why We Choose Xlerator
- 4 Reasons We Choose SC Johnson Professional Cleaning Supplies
- 5 Reasons We Choose Vileda Mops and Cleaning Supplies
- Why Choose Atlas Graham Furgale (AGF) for Janitorial Supplies
Browse All Categories
- Building Maintenance
- Carts & Trucks
- Cleaning Chemicals
- Cleaning Equipment
- Cleaning Equipment - Parts
- Cleaning Tools & Accessories
- Dust Mopping Supplies
- Floor Pads & Screens
- Garbage Bags
- Hand Dryers
- Hospitality Products
- Ice Melter
- MicroFibre Cleaning
- Pandemic Supplies
- Paper And Packaging
- Tucker Window Cleaning
- Vacuum Bags & Common Parts
- Wet Mopping Supplies
- Window Cleaning