A Guide to Using Ice Melters Safely and Effectively
Winter weather can be treacherous, especially when everything ices over. With the right tools and knowledge, you can make your home or business safe and accessible. At Clean Spot, we want to ensure that you are equipped with the best ice melter products and arm you with the knowledge to use them properly.
Here are our top 5 tips for using ice melters safely and efficiently.
Top 5 Tips for Using Ice Melters
Choose the Right Product
Not all ice melters are created equal. Select the product that is suitable for your specific needs and weather conditions. Things to consider are the temperature and potential damage to concrete and vegetation. Picking an ice melter that is the cheapest may cost you more in the long run; you may use more of it or cause damage to your property. Clean Spot offers various ice melter products suitable for different temperatures and environments.
Use the Correct Amount
When it comes to ice melters, more is not always better. Use the recommended amount on the product label. Using too much can make the product ineffective and potentially harm the environment. An ice melter spreader can help distribute the product evenly and save you time. No matter how big of an area you need to melt, we’ve got you covered with our different sizes of ice melter spreaders, which will help you get the job done quickly.
Timing Is Key
The weather app will be your best friend when it comes to knowing when to apply ice melters. Applying the product before a snowstorm can prevent ice from bonding to the surface, which will help you shovel snow more quickly afterward. Reapply after clearing the snow to remove any ice stuck to the surface. Be sure to put in your orders before the last minute since it could risk you not getting it on time. It’s best to think about ice melt before you need it to ensure the safety of our facility, staff, guests and yourself.
Keep your ice melter dry and ready to use. If you have unopened ice melt, you can leave it in the bag but store it away from sunlight since it will make it brittle. For any opened bags of ice melt, consider getting an ice melter bin, as it protects the product from moisture, air and sunlight. Proper storage will prevent the product from degrading, clumping and hardening. At Clean Spot, we offer ice melter bins of many sizes and colours for you to choose from.
Protect Your Landscape and Pets
Be mindful of where you apply ice melter, where vegetation is abundant or where animals are likely to frequent. Using a safe product for plants, pets, and wildlife, such as our Mountain Organic ice melt, is essential. Be cautious about overusing the product, for it can still harm plants.
Stay Safe With Our Ice Melter Products!
At Clean Spot, we offer a wide range of ice melter products that cater to different needs. We want to ensure you have the right solution for your winter safety requirements. Our products are not only effective but also come with volume discounts.
Contact us today and take advantage of our special prices.
- Ice Melter Products – Volume discounts are in effect. Freight applies to all ice melter orders. Contact our team @ 1-866-281-2185 before checking out, as we need to provide you with an up-to-date freight rate.
- Ice Melter Accessories – Volume pricing is available. Call customer service for pricing PDF @ 403-252-4541.
- Choosing the Right Ice Melter Products: A Guide for Homes and Businesses
- Supplying Your Snow and Ice Management Business
- Wipe Away the Winter Blues With Window Cleaning
- A Guide to Using Ice Melters Safely and Effectively
- Safety Tips For Small Businesses On Snow And Ice Management For Their Customers
- Snow Removal Deals: Ice Melter, Bins, Shovels, and More!
- Happy Holidays From Clean Spot
- Snow Management for Your Business: Essential Tools for a Safe Winter
- How Hand Dryers Promote a Germ-Free Office Environment
- First Impressions Count: How Carpet Extractors Improve Guest Experiences
- How Regular Window Cleaning Can Improve Indoor Air Quality
- Unlocking the Power of Restoration Cleaning Chemicals for Your Commercial Cleaning Needs
- Effective Techniques to Prevent Mosquitoes this Summer
- A Guide to Keeping Your Business Clean and Festive for Canada Day
- Window Cleaning Supplies to Keep Your Business Bright
Browse All Categories
- Building Maintenance
- Carts & Trucks
- Cleaning Chemicals
- Cleaning Equipment
- Cleaning Equipment - Parts
- Cleaning Tools & Accessories
- Dust Mopping Supplies
- Floor Pads & Screens
- Garbage Bags
- Hand Dryers
- Hospitality Products
- Ice Melter
- MicroFibre Cleaning
- Pandemic Supplies
- Paper And Packaging
- Tucker Window Cleaning
- Vacuum Bags & Common Parts
- Wet Mopping Supplies
- Window Cleaning