How Electrostatic Sprayers Are Changing the Cleaning Industry
There are many ways to disinfect a surface, including using wipes, spray bottles, and dispersing disinfectant through fog or mist. When it comes to thoroughly disinfecting large facilities such as hospitals, medical centres, schools, and food processing centres, to name a few, disinfecting can be a time-consuming and costly task. Not only are workers faced with the challenge of tackling a large facility, but they must also get to hard-to-reach surfaces where germs and bacteria can spread.
For large or heavy-duty facilities, electrostatic sprayers are an invaluable piece of equipment. In this article, we take a look at how electrostatic sprayers are helping companies save money, time, and the environment.
How electrostatic spraying works
Electrostatic spraying systems are specifically designed for disinfecting pre-cleaned surfaces. As the product passes through the nozzle, a small electrical charge is applied which allows droplets to stick to the surface easier. The charged droplets repel one another and seek out surfaces to attach to, delivering a fine mist that evenly coats the surface.
With a conventional sprayer, the product does not reach the surface as efficiently or completely as an electrostatic sprayer. Most surfaces, like walls, tables, and floors have a negative charge because they are naturally grounded. Electrostatic sprayers release positively charged liquids that are attracted to the negative surface and coat the surface it is sprayed onto.
The benefits of electrostatic spraying
When compared to conventional sprayers, electrostatic sprayers are:
- More efficient – With smaller droplets that attach to surfaces, spray application is much more efficient, and the charged droplets attack microbes quicker. Electrostatic sprayers provide 3x the coverage than conventional sprayers, providing full coverage at 15x the force of gravity. Disinfectants dispersed through electrostatic sprayers also dry faster than conventional sprayers, minimizing the disruption to business and reducing wait times for drying.
- Ergonomic and safer to use – Electrostatic sprayers are designed for heavy-duty use in large facilities. For this reason, they are intentionally engineered to be lightweight, ergonomic, and safer to use, reducing operator fatigue and minimizing common injuries from labour-intensive work. Additionally, these sprayers use non-toxic formulas to disinfect and sterilize, eliminating the risk of exposure to harsh chemicals and improving workplace safety.
- Better for the environment – The disinfectant products used in electrostatic sprayers are bio-degradable and earth-friendly, meaning that any solution absorbed in the area won’t have a negative impact on the environment. When it comes to disinfecting facilities, this factor alone is a step in the right direction for companies and positively impacts our community.
Where to find electrostatic sprayers in Calgary and Edmonton
Electrostatic spraying systems are available in a range of configurations, including backpacks, handheld, carts, corded or cordless. The right system depends on what’s best for your facility and what can help operators complete an efficient and thorough job. Whether you’re looking for a handheld or backpack format, Clean Spot can help you find the right electrostatic spraying system for your facility.
- Supplying Your Snow and Ice Management Business
- Wipe Away the Winter Blues With Window Cleaning
- A Guide to Using Ice Melters Safely and Effectively
- Safety Tips For Small Businesses On Snow And Ice Management For Their Customers
- Snow Removal Deals: Ice Melter, Bins, Shovels, and More!
- Happy Holidays From Clean Spot
- Snow Management for Your Business: Essential Tools for a Safe Winter
- How Hand Dryers Promote a Germ-Free Office Environment
- First Impressions Count: How Carpet Extractors Improve Guest Experiences
- How Regular Window Cleaning Can Improve Indoor Air Quality
- Unlocking the Power of Restoration Cleaning Chemicals for Your Commercial Cleaning Needs
- Effective Techniques to Prevent Mosquitoes this Summer
- A Guide to Keeping Your Business Clean and Festive for Canada Day
- Window Cleaning Supplies to Keep Your Business Bright
- World Environment Day: Tips for Business Clean
Browse All Categories
- Building Maintenance
- Carts & Trucks
- Cleaning Chemicals
- Cleaning Equipment
- Cleaning Equipment - Parts
- Cleaning Tools & Accessories
- Dust Mopping Supplies
- Floor Pads & Screens
- Garbage Bags
- Hand Dryers
- Hospitality Products
- Ice Melter
- MicroFibre Cleaning
- Pandemic Supplies
- Paper And Packaging
- Tucker Window Cleaning
- Vacuum Bags & Common Parts
- Wet Mopping Supplies
- Window Cleaning