The pros and cons of commercial hand dryers
Commercial hand dryers have come a long way in their innovation and improvements. Modern hand dryers are more efficient than ever, with automatic sensors, silent technology, and discreet designs. When deciding whether to invest in commercial hand dryers for your business, it helps to know the pros and cons that come with them.
The pros of commercial hand dryers
Lower impact on the environment – Hand dryers eliminate the need for paper towels, making them an environmentally friendly option that reduces waste and the production cost of raw materials. With fewer paper towels ending up in landfills and the packaging that paper towels come in, the use of hand dryers yields a more positive impact on the environment.
Cost savings – Although the initial investment of installing a commercial hand dryer can be costly, think of the cost savings that you’ll benefit from without the need to replenish your paper towel inventory. After installation, the cost to run and maintain hand dryers is much cheaper than any alternatives. Furthermore, cleaning staff won’t have to worry about switching out garbage bags or cleaning paper towels from the floor, which leads to more cost savings on productivity.
Lower carbon footprint – Business that choose commercial hand dryers have a much lower carbon footprint overall. The cost of producing paper towels includes packaging and transportation, which increases carbon dioxide emissions per use. With trends encouraging businesses to make more sustainable business decisions, hand dryers are becoming increasingly commonplace across all industries.
The cons of commercial hand dryers
Expensive to install – Depending on the type, design, and amount of hand dryers you need for your establishment, commercial hand dryers come with a hefty price tag. As we detailed above, although the initial investment can be costly, the savings afterwards makes hand dryers a sustainable choice.
Not everyone likes using hand dryers – Many patrons prefer using paper towels because they dry their hands faster. Some people won’t bother using hand dryers and opt for wiping their hands on their clothes instead, which can be a hygienic issue depending on the nature of the business.
The noise is distracting – For high traffic areas, schools, offices, libraries, and other establishments that want to maintain a relatively quiet environment, hand dryers can be a loud and distracting addition. While there are more silent designs available on the market today, no hand dryer will be completely noiseless.
Regardless of the hand drying method you choose for your commercial establishment, every form comes with its advantages and disadvantages. Many businesses opt for a mixture of both, and the right one will meet the needs of your particular establishment.
- 10 Inexpensive cleaning accessories that impact your bottom line
- Why invest in a professional window cleaning solution?
- What you need to know about the safety of chemical cleaning products
- What is commercial cleaning?
- What not to mix in your glass cleaning products
- 5 tips to make hotel housekeeping more productive
- A guide to hiring good cleaning for your company
- How cleaning technology has changed over the years
- 5 cleaning ingredients that you should never mix
- Spring cleaning checklist for every business
- The most impactful trends in the janitorial industry
- Celebrities who were once cleaners!
- Hand sanitizers that are not recommended for the workplace
- Coloured garbage bags for different uses
- Ideal locations for hand sanitizers in your facility
Browse All Categories
- Building Maintenance
- Carts & Trucks
- Cleaning Chemicals
- Cleaning Equipment
- Cleaning Equipment - Parts
- Cleaning Tools & Accessories
- Dust Mopping Supplies
- Floor Pads & Screens
- Game Changers
- Garbage Bags
- Hand Dryers
- Hospitality Products
- Ice Melter
- MicroFibre Cleaning
- Pandemic Supplies
- Paper And Packaging
- Tucker Window Products
- Vacuum Bags & Common Parts
- Wet Mopping Supplies
- Window Cleaning