Spring cleaning checklist for every business
The key to a well-maintained and great running facility is the way it’s cleaned, and this includes using correct tools and the right cleaning supplies in Calgary. As you’re creating your spring cleaning to-do list, here are some important things to keep in mind.
Put a cleaning schedule in place
The best way to keep things clean is to put a plan in place and divide the facility into zones. Identifying zones and assigning duties to a daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning list ensures all areas are cleaned regularly.
Keep a checklist of duties for each zone and utilize your cleaning schedule as a form of inspection. Go over the quality and upkeep of machinery and other large items in your facility. Cleaning machinery regularly helps to prevent breakdowns, saving you from needing to replace machinery too soon.
Keep cleaning supplies stocked
A well-organized and stocked cleaning supplies checklist helps you avoid double ordering products, purchasing products that you don’t use, and alerts your staff when more is needed. Here are a few tips to keep your cleaning supplies organized and well-stocked:
- Turn over your cleaning supplies inventory, rotating product out
- Even if you are not using the product, push the old stock to the front of the shelf
- Use old stock first to prevent supplies from sitting idle on the shelf
- Utilize a cleaning cart for organization
Floors need to be especially looked after
The floors of a facility typically take up a large percentage of effort, especially if your space involves multiple floor types. Switching between concrete, tile, hardwood, and carpet can prove to be a challenge when choosing the right equipment and products. The good news is, there are multipurpose products available and equipment that can seamlessly transition between different floor types – this also helps with productivity for your cleaning staff. If you’re looking for the right type of equipment for your facility, we can guide you in the right direction.
Pay close attention to sanitization
Common areas are germ-breeding grounds, such as offices, kitchen staff rooms, the reception area, elevators, foyers, and stairwells. Additionally, keyboards, computer mice, pens, and desks are conventional surfaces that need addressing. Keep these areas sanitized and encourage cleanliness with hand sanitizer, paper products, and soap stock in abundance and readily available.
Manage your waste disposal
Last but certainly not least, ensure that the use of waste bins and properly labelled recycling is used by staff. Properly disposing of waste in correct bins helps the environment and helps your cleaning staff establish a good waste management system. Go through your facility to see where the waste management can improve and make a list of items you may need, like additional recycling bins, organics waste bins, cigarette waste collectors, trash stations, and more. Having proper waste management in place will also help the overall cleanliness of your facility.
- Cleaning Products to Have On Hand for the Festive Season
- How Electrostatic Sprayers Are Changing the Cleaning Industry
- 5 Benefits of Leasing Floor Cleaning Equipment
- Electrostatic Spraying: How Does It Work?
- 5 Safety Tips For Handling Industrial Cleaning Chemicals
- Essential Window Cleaning Supplies for Commercial Use
- Essential Commercial Cleaning Supplies Checklist
- Vacuum Parts Buying Guide: What to Check Before Buying from A Supplier
- How to Make Your Vacuum Last Longer
- 5 Essential Cleaning Supplies Hotels Can’t Operate Without
- A Checklist of Commercial Cleaning Chemicals for Businesses in Canada
- The Benefits of Commercial Carts and Tilt Trucks for Your Canadian Business
- Essential Tools Every Business Needs In Canada
- How A Commercial Towel Dispenser Lowers Cleaning Costs For Businesses
- 5 Ways To Keep Cleaning Equipment And Tools In Good Condition
Browse All Categories
- Building Maintenance
- Carts & Trucks
- Cleaning Chemicals
- Cleaning Equipment
- Cleaning Equipment - Parts
- Cleaning Tools & Accessories
- Dust Mopping Supplies
- Floor Pads & Screens
- Game Changers
- Garbage Bags
- Hand Dryers
- Hospitality Products
- Ice Melter
- MicroFibre Cleaning
- Pandemic Supplies
- Paper And Packaging
- Tucker Window Products
- Vacuum Bags & Common Parts
- Wet Mopping Supplies
- Window Cleaning