Spring cleaning checklist for every business
The key to a well-maintained and great running facility is the way it’s cleaned, and this includes using correct tools and the right cleaning supplies in Calgary. As you’re creating your spring cleaning to-do list, here are some important things to keep in mind.
Put a cleaning schedule in place
The best way to keep things clean is to put a plan in place and divide the facility into zones. Identifying zones and assigning duties to a daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning list ensures all areas are cleaned regularly.
Keep a checklist of duties for each zone and utilize your cleaning schedule as a form of inspection. Go over the quality and upkeep of machinery and other large items in your facility. Cleaning machinery regularly helps to prevent breakdowns, saving you from needing to replace machinery too soon.
Keep cleaning supplies stocked
A well-organized and stocked cleaning supplies checklist helps you avoid double ordering products, purchasing products that you don’t use, and alerts your staff when more is needed. Here are a few tips to keep your cleaning supplies organized and well-stocked:
- Turn over your cleaning supplies inventory, rotating product out
- Even if you are not using the product, push the old stock to the front of the shelf
- Use old stock first to prevent supplies from sitting idle on the shelf
- Utilize a cleaning cart for organization
Floors need to be especially looked after
The floors of a facility typically take up a large percentage of effort, especially if your space involves multiple floor types. Switching between concrete, tile, hardwood, and carpet can prove to be a challenge when choosing the right equipment and products. The good news is, there are multipurpose products available and equipment that can seamlessly transition between different floor types – this also helps with productivity for your cleaning staff. If you’re looking for the right type of equipment for your facility, we can guide you in the right direction.
Pay close attention to sanitization
Common areas are germ-breeding grounds, such as offices, kitchen staff rooms, the reception area, elevators, foyers, and stairwells. Additionally, keyboards, computer mice, pens, and desks are conventional surfaces that need addressing. Keep these areas sanitized and encourage cleanliness with hand sanitizer, paper products, and soap stock in abundance and readily available.
Manage your waste disposal
Last but certainly not least, ensure that the use of waste bins and properly labelled recycling is used by staff. Properly disposing of waste in correct bins helps the environment and helps your cleaning staff establish a good waste management system. Go through your facility to see where the waste management can improve and make a list of items you may need, like additional recycling bins, organics waste bins, cigarette waste collectors, trash stations, and more. Having proper waste management in place will also help the overall cleanliness of your facility.
- 10 Inexpensive cleaning accessories that impact your bottom line
- Why invest in a professional window cleaning solution?
- What you need to know about the safety of chemical cleaning products
- What is commercial cleaning?
- What not to mix in your glass cleaning products
- 5 tips to make hotel housekeeping more productive
- A guide to hiring good cleaning for your company
- How cleaning technology has changed over the years
- 5 cleaning ingredients that you should never mix
- Spring cleaning checklist for every business
- The most impactful trends in the janitorial industry
- Celebrities who were once cleaners!
- Hand sanitizers that are not recommended for the workplace
- Coloured garbage bags for different uses
- Ideal locations for hand sanitizers in your facility
Browse All Categories
- Building Maintenance
- Carts & Trucks
- Cleaning Chemicals
- Cleaning Equipment
- Cleaning Equipment - Parts
- Cleaning Tools & Accessories
- Dust Mopping Supplies
- Floor Pads & Screens
- Game Changers
- Garbage Bags
- Hand Dryers
- Hospitality Products
- Ice Melter
- MicroFibre Cleaning
- Pandemic Supplies
- Paper And Packaging
- Tucker Window Products
- Vacuum Bags & Common Parts
- Wet Mopping Supplies
- Window Cleaning