The Important Role of Chemicals In Industrial Cleaning
Industrial cleaning is defined as “the process of cleaning hazardous areas in industrial facilities, including power plants, warehouses, and factories.” Unlike residential or some commercial cleaning, industrial cleaning requires on-the-job training, knowledge of chemical reactions, and safety procedures.
Specific types of chemicals play a large role in industrial cleaning. In this article, we discuss why these chemicals are so important and why they should only be reserved for certain facilities.
1. Protects The Surface
Industrial cleaning chemicals not only effectively remove dirt and grime, but are also formulated to protect surfaces like metal and steel. This tells us two things:
- Industrial cleaning chemicals should not be used for residential and commercial purposes.
- Residential and commercial cleaning products should not be used for industrial cleaning.
While residential and commercial cleaning products may seem safer to use and are gentler on the skin, they may contain chemicals that can corrode the surface of the equipment. Professional cleaners are trained and equipped with the knowledge to use either an acid or alkaline-based product to protect certain materials.
2. Specially Formulated
Industrial cleaning with chemicals involves different types of methods, depending on the material that needs to be cleaned:
- Soaking the material – This method is used to remove oxidation residues on metal items such as pipes with a chemical that won’t corrode the surface.
- Degreasing -Removing oil and grease in industrial facilities requires the use of solvents, detergents, and alkaline chemicals to effectively break down oils.
- Liquid chemical flushing – Used to remove stains that have adhered to surfaces due to heat, including boilers, pipes, and heat condensers.
- Sanitization – Eliminates microorganisms and is commonly used for medical, pharmaceutical, and food preparation facilities.
Industrial cleaning chemicals require training for proper handling. Some chemicals can do serious harm by simply coming into contact with it. Safety Data Sheets should be made available for all workers as part of a company’s health and safety procedure.
3. Has A Specific Purpose
Most residential and commercial cleaning is done with the goal of maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the space, sanitizing, and keeping an overall healthy environment. Industrial cleaning services are needed in facilities legally required to meet a certain standard, including:
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Industrial warehouses
- Manufacturing plants
- Chemical plants
- Food-handling industries
- Distribution centres
Professional industrial cleaners use special equipment and materials, know how to prevent cross-contamination, know how to handle strong chemicals safely, and must
- Supplying Your Snow and Ice Management Business
- Wipe Away the Winter Blues With Window Cleaning
- A Guide to Using Ice Melters Safely and Effectively
- Safety Tips For Small Businesses On Snow And Ice Management For Their Customers
- Snow Removal Deals: Ice Melter, Bins, Shovels, and More!
- Happy Holidays From Clean Spot
- Snow Management for Your Business: Essential Tools for a Safe Winter
- How Hand Dryers Promote a Germ-Free Office Environment
- First Impressions Count: How Carpet Extractors Improve Guest Experiences
- How Regular Window Cleaning Can Improve Indoor Air Quality
- Unlocking the Power of Restoration Cleaning Chemicals for Your Commercial Cleaning Needs
- Effective Techniques to Prevent Mosquitoes this Summer
- A Guide to Keeping Your Business Clean and Festive for Canada Day
- Window Cleaning Supplies to Keep Your Business Bright
- World Environment Day: Tips for Business Clean
Browse All Categories
- Building Maintenance
- Carts & Trucks
- Cleaning Chemicals
- Cleaning Equipment
- Cleaning Equipment - Parts
- Cleaning Tools & Accessories
- Dust Mopping Supplies
- Floor Pads & Screens
- Garbage Bags
- Hand Dryers
- Hospitality Products
- Ice Melter
- MicroFibre Cleaning
- Pandemic Supplies
- Paper And Packaging
- Tucker Window Cleaning
- Vacuum Bags & Common Parts
- Wet Mopping Supplies
- Window Cleaning