Why You Need to Clean and Maintain Your Cleaning Equipment
Think about your cleaning supplies. Do you wash them to make sure they are properly maintained? Cleaning your cleaning products regularly helps them do the work they are intended for; clean. In order for your cleaning equipment to work optimally, they need to be maintained. No point using dirty grimy mops and vacuums as they will only spread bacteria around. Keep your supplies fresh and useful with regular maintenance and cleansing.
Cleanliness of Cleaning Equipment
Why do you need to clean cleaning supplies? Your mops, vacuums, and cleaning cloths come in contact with tons of grime. When left un-cleaned bacteria begins to grow. Re-using dirty equipment spreads germs around producing an unhealthy environment. How do you clean your equipment? Below are some tips on ways to eliminate spreading dirt around.
Take a clean bucket and fill it with warm water. Rinse your mop head completely after each use ensuring there is no dirt or soap leftover. Dirt left on the mop will spread onto your floors next time you use it. Soap residue can damage your mop. Only use approved cleaners specific to commercial mops.
Don’t leave your mop sitting in a bucket after use. Wet fibres are the breeding ground for all sorts of germs. Ensure your mop is completely wrung out and dry before you store it away. To avoid bacteria and mildew growth never place a wet dirty mop in your cleaning supply room.
After every use, remember to vacuum the rug/floor attachment with the hose or crevice tool. Before storing it use a damp cloth and mild detergent to wipe away dirt from the casing, hoses, and attachments. It is a good idea to empty or change the bags often. Removing the dirt and debris from the container ensures your vacuum provides full suction picking up everything it should.
Wash it with warm soapy water then rinse with clean water and allow it to air dry. A dirty duster just spreads microparticles around without removing them.
Maintenance for Cleaning Equipment
Why is maintaining your cleaning equipment a good idea? If you want to avoid spending an excess of money on new products, take care of your existing ones. An overloaded vacuum taxes the motor. Plugged wands and brushes prevent the flow of air during the suction process. Commercial vacuums work hard at removing dirt and debris but if you don’t look after them they suck! Stop wasting time trying to make a filthy machine do the job. With routine cleaning, your vacuum and other cleaning equipment will serve you well.
Check your commercial cleaning equipment on a regular basis. If you have a product malfunctioning it may only require a thorough cleaning. Maybe you have cleaned your products but they are still not working correctly. Do you have no time to clean your own equipment? If something is broken, we can repair it. Clean Spot understands time is money. Our in-house shop has technicians trained to restore and revamp commercial equipment. Call us to get your product working for you again.
We can service your equipment on site plus maintain your commercial and industrial cleaning tools. Travel time, inspection, maintenance, and minor adjustments are all part of our special flat rate. Take advantage of our services today so you can avoid equipment downtime.
Next time you dry your hands on that brand new hand dryer or vacuum up from last night’s team building event, think of the power of clean. After all, a Clean Spot means an organized spot.
- Supplying Your Snow and Ice Management Business
- Wipe Away the Winter Blues With Window Cleaning
- A Guide to Using Ice Melters Safely and Effectively
- Safety Tips For Small Businesses On Snow And Ice Management For Their Customers
- Snow Removal Deals: Ice Melter, Bins, Shovels, and More!
- Happy Holidays From Clean Spot
- Snow Management for Your Business: Essential Tools for a Safe Winter
- How Hand Dryers Promote a Germ-Free Office Environment
- First Impressions Count: How Carpet Extractors Improve Guest Experiences
- How Regular Window Cleaning Can Improve Indoor Air Quality
- Unlocking the Power of Restoration Cleaning Chemicals for Your Commercial Cleaning Needs
- Effective Techniques to Prevent Mosquitoes this Summer
- A Guide to Keeping Your Business Clean and Festive for Canada Day
- Window Cleaning Supplies to Keep Your Business Bright
- World Environment Day: Tips for Business Clean
Browse All Categories
- Building Maintenance
- Carts & Trucks
- Cleaning Chemicals
- Cleaning Equipment
- Cleaning Equipment - Parts
- Cleaning Tools & Accessories
- Dust Mopping Supplies
- Floor Pads & Screens
- Garbage Bags
- Hand Dryers
- Hospitality Products
- Ice Melter
- MicroFibre Cleaning
- Pandemic Supplies
- Paper And Packaging
- Tucker Window Cleaning
- Vacuum Bags & Common Parts
- Wet Mopping Supplies
- Window Cleaning