5 Ways To Keep Cleaning Equipment And Tools In Good Condition
Did you know you can extend the life of your cleaning equipment and tools and achieve a better clean? When we think about using cleaning equipment and tools, we typically expect them to get the work done efficiently and leave a polished surface behind. While this is true – quality cleaning equipment is made for that purpose – like any gadget, they will eventually start to wear down with use.
We don’t often consider cleaning the equipment we clean with, but it’s important to follow a routine maintenance check for heavy-duty equipment to keep it working properly and keep tools in good condition. Cleaning gadgets work hard and come into contact with a lot of grime. When left un-cleaned, bacteria begin to grow. Not only does re-using dirty equipment and tools spread germs around, but the build-up of grime can wear down and damage the equipment as well.
Below are some tips on ways to minimize spreading dirt around and to maintain the life of your equipment.
1. Replace floor pads and screens
Heavy-duty cleaning equipment such as automatic scrubbers, polishers, and sweepers are workhorses and those floor pads and screens do start to wear out with each use. Be sure you’re checking their condition and replacing them so you can continue to achieve an optimal clean! After all, your efforts are wasted when pushing equipment around that has a floor pad that is no longer doing its job.
2. Clean mops and buckets before you store them away
Avoid leaving a mop sitting in a bucket of dirty water after use. Wet fibres are a breeding ground for all sorts of germs. Ensure your mop is completely wrung out and dry before you store it away. To avoid bacteria and mildew:
- Take a clean bucket and fill it with warm water.
- Rinse your mop head completely after each use ensuring there is no dirt or soap leftover.
- Only use approved cleaners specific to commercial mops.
3. Change vacuum filters regularly and give the vacuum a good clean
Depending on how often you use your vacuum, commercial vacuum filters should be changed at least once every 3 months. We recommend giving the vacuum a good clean every couple of weeks. Clean out the hose, remove any fibres or hair from the bristles, and give it a good wipe with a damp cloth and a mild detergent.
4. Wash dusters with mild detergent
A dirty duster can spread microparticles around and for some companies, disposable dusters aren’t the most cost-effective route. If you have a washable duster, be sure to clean it with mild detergent and let it dry.
5. Schedule service and repair for cleaning equipment
Last but certainly not least, be sure to schedule regular maintenance on heavy-duty equipment and don’t ignore issues that may require repairs, even if they are seemingly small. If you notice cleaning equipment has lost its effectiveness, give us a call at Clean Spot and we will service it. Our in-house shop has technicians trained to restore and repair commercial equipment.
- Unlocking the Power of Restoration Cleaning Chemicals for Your Commercial Cleaning Needs
- Effective Techniques to Prevent Mosquitoes this Summer
- A Guide to Keeping Your Business Clean and Festive for Canada Day
- Window Cleaning Supplies to Keep Your Business Bright
- World Environment Day: Tips for Business Clean
- Effective & Safe Restoration Cleaning Supplies For Industrial
- Tucker Window Cleaning: Choose the Right Products to Clean Windows
- Earth Day: Importance of a Green Office With Effective Janitorial Supplies
- Why We Choose Hospeco for Restroom Care Products
- Why Clean Spot Uses Fresh Products for Aromatic
- Towel Dispensers and Why Clean Spot Chooses Frost Products
- The Importance of Hand Dryers and Why We Choose Xlerator
- 4 Reasons We Choose SC Johnson Professional Cleaning Supplies
- 5 Reasons We Choose Vileda Mops and Cleaning Supplies
- Why Choose Atlas Graham Furgale (AGF) for Janitorial Supplies
Browse All Categories
- Building Maintenance
- Carts & Trucks
- Cleaning Chemicals
- Cleaning Equipment
- Cleaning Equipment - Parts
- Cleaning Tools & Accessories
- Dust Mopping Supplies
- Floor Pads & Screens
- Garbage Bags
- Hand Dryers
- Hospitality Products
- Ice Melter
- MicroFibre Cleaning
- Pandemic Supplies
- Paper And Packaging
- Tucker Window Cleaning
- Vacuum Bags & Common Parts
- Wet Mopping Supplies
- Window Cleaning